Waters Edge District Serves the towns of Webster and Penfield, and the Majority of Wayne County.
This District includes the towns of Webster, Penfield, Ontario, Walworth, Marion, Macedon, Palmyra, Lyons, Sodus, Newark, North Rose, Wolcott, and Red Creek.
WATERS EDGE NEWS
Here are the highlights you need to know before processing.
- Internet Re-charter is accessible through Internet Advancement at https://advancements.scouting.org/login; you do not need a unit specific access code for 2021.
- Key 3 Leaders are the default processors of the Renewal. Units may designate a Key 3 Delegate in My.Scouting.org to complete the renewal as well.
- After completing your renewal, you will be asked for a payment type. Choose the “Pay at Council” option. By paying direct to council will allow you to avoid additional processing fees and it will allow our council registrar the opportunity to ensure you don’t overpay. This also gives you time to process your payment following your unit’s Fall Product Sale.
- Payments are due December 15th, preferably via check or credit card. If paying at Roundtable, please bring a check and any outstanding paperwork such as applications with it. If you are still not finished with your charter do not pay online, click the “Pay at Council” option. Thank you!
Remember, your 2021 Unit Charter expires on December 31st, 2021. Liability Insurance Coverage will not extend to your unit and charter organization if your 2022 renewal is not completed online prior to the expiration of the current charter.
2021-2022 Waters Edge (District C) Roundtable Meetings: 1st Thursday of Month
Our next Waters Edge Roundtable Meeting will be held on Thursday, December 2nd at 7pm at the Wayne Central Middle School Library. Future meetings will continue to be at Wayne Middle School Cafeteria. These meetings are open to leaders from ALL Packs, Troops and Crews to get information on what is going on in our District, in SWC, and all things scouting!
2021-2022 Waters Edge Committee Meetings: 3rd Mondays of Month
The District Committee Members will have our next meeting on Monday, November 15th at 7:00pm in Marion (addl details sent to Committee Members).
WATERS EDGE (District C) FB PAGE: Follow us Online for Updates & News
You can find us on Facebook here, to learn about upcoming events & activities within our District!
FEES FOR NEW SCOUTS (December)
When you need to double-check the Membership Fee List here to see what your Scout owes!
2022 CAMP CARDS SALE
The Camp Card Program is a no-risk sale, where your unit can earn up to 40% commission! They are $5 community cards that offer great discounts to local businesses, eateries and activity centers. Cards are valid thru the end of 2022; all proceeds support local scouting. The Kickoff Meeting is scheduled for January 22nd at 12pm sat the Scout Service Center. For more information go here for Camp Cards.
UPCOMING DISTRICT & COUNCIL EVENTS
ScoutMaster & Asst Scoutmaster Training: November 13th
Seneca Waterways Council will be having SM & ASM Fundamentals Training at the Scout Office. For more information, contact Bill Green
OKPIK Weekend: January 7th-9th
This weekend event at Massawepie Campgrounds is designed to teach BSA Scouts the basics of winter camping. Scouts will be learning how to thrive in subzero temperatures, travel across frozen wilderness lakes and construct their own sleeping structures out of snow.For more information, contact Hiram Lyon
2022 Yeti Games: Save the Date – January 14th-16th
This fun-filled winter event at Camp Cutler is open to Cub Scouts, BSA Scouts & siblings. There will be gaga ball, snowsnake, klondike sled racing, fire building, broom ball. nature, ice fishing, crafts, STEM Projects, kubb, lumberjack and more. Registration opens soon; for more information, go to Yeti Games Flyer
SWC University of Scouting: Save the Date – March 5th
The University of Scouting is a one day supplemental training opportunity for all adults and youth (12 and above). It will cover general courses (applicable to all programs), courses related to Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Venturing programs, and courses aimed toward youth leaders in Troops and/or Crews. This year’s event will be held at the Kodak Center in Rochester from 9am-4pm; more details coming soon!
Cub Mobiles: Save the Date – May (TBD)
The Cub Mobile will be happening in May 2021 (location TBD). An email will be sent to all Cub Scout Packs with the instructions on how to build a Cub mobile — this would be a great activity for the Pack to do at a monthly Pack Meeting!
If there are any recruitment-based questions on how to go forward with one of these ideas, please contact District Executive Will Gales or contact your unit commissioner for assistance. Here are some things to always keep in mind when recruiting…
Here are some great ways to promote your unit and increase membership:
- Power of 3! (Scouts can earn prizes by recruiting new scouts into the program! For more info on Power of 3, or you can enter your recruits here)
- Personal Invitations (personally contacting and inviting families to join your unit)*
- Being in constant contact with the school district, and asking if flyers can be sent home with students (check out this video for ideas)
- Checking “Be a Scout Leads” after accepting online applications
- Recruiting using social media (community FB pages)
- Creating Cub Scout flyers to promote the units recruitment events (download GIRLS flyer or download BOYS flyer)
- Appearance and recruitment at Community Festivals
- Recruiter Patch Promo (download pdf)
- Bring a Buddy Cards (download pdf)
- Uniform Days @ School
- Open House Tables (download Cub Scout version 1 bookmarks or version 2 bookmarks or Cub Scout coloring book)
- Middle School Promos (download BSA bookmarks or half-page flyers)
Questions? Ask your District Executive, Unit Commissioner, and District Commissioner…we are here to help!