2020 NYLT Cancelled, but don’t miss out on V.I.C.T.O.R.Y. (Virtual Interactive Communication-Based Training and Online Resource for Youth). This is a week long training for an hour a day via zoom the week of August 17 – 21, 2020. More information and to sign up visit: https://scoutingevent.com/397-2020victory
Advanced Leadership training for youth is one of the greatest experiences in Scouting. Learn and use life long leadership skills as a Scout.NYLT is a leadership development course developed by Boy Scouts of America to enable Scouting youth to lead their Scouting organization. NYLT uses the aims and methods of Scouting to teach leadership skills.A week is spent in a camping environment that exemplifies the “best” that Scouting can be and is the vision that Baden-Powell intended. Youth will experience a “Youth led Troop” as the program is run by youth.Seneca Waterways Council operates one of the largest and most successful programs in the Northeast Region at the Walmsley Sawyer Training Center, located at Camp Cutler. Seneca Waterways Council employs the national NYLT program to deliver three NYLT courses each summer, allowing the participants a good selection of dates. Each course is limited to 48 participants to maintain the quality of the program. Youth attempting to register for a filled course will be put on a waiting list and asked if they can select a different course.
Register Early – Important Dates:
- Information to come out soon!
2021 Summer Courses:
- Course I: July 11th – 17th, 2021
- Course II: July 25th – July 31, 2021
- Course III: August 8th – 14th, 2021
- More Pricing information to come soon!
- Financial assistance (campership) is available – https://senecawaterways.org/campership-information/
- All NYLT Fees are non-refundable, but are transferable between current year NYLT courses
- NYLT Fee pays for
- All meals, snacks, and beverages
- An NYLT Course T-shirt
- The NYLT Course Neckerchief
- The NYLT Course Patch
- And all other course materials
- For detailed NYLT questions: email – email@example.com
- For registration questions: call – (585) 241-8545 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for NYLT:
- Registration for National Youth Leadership Training is a three step process.
- First, begin the registration process by clicking on the Register button for the appropriate course which will take you through Electronic Registration, collect personal information and allow you to pay your deposit for National Youth Leadership Training.
- Secondly, the parent/guardian of the Scout attending NYLT should click on the (NYLT Participant: Parent Packet To Come Soon!), complete the necessary forms, and return them to the appropriate ‘Admin’ for the course the scout is attending – contact info in the packet.
- Lastly, the Scout attending NYLT should click on the (NYLT Participant: Scout Packet To Come Soon!), complete the necessary forms, and return them to the appropriate ‘Admin’ for the course they are attending – contact info in the packet.
Nominate a Scout to Attend NYLT!
Do you know a Scout that would benefit from attending NYLT? Of course you do!!! Click the Nominate link below and let us know who you are and who the Scout is. The 2020 NYLT SPLs will send a letter to the Scout personally inviting them to attend!
You may continue to login to the council website and make payments toward your course participation at any time or send checks to the Scout Service Center as long as NYLT, the course number and the Scouts name are noted with the check.
2021 NYLT Registration to come soon!