This is the new page for District E. District E serves the Finger Lakes Region, including Seneca County, Yates County, and Ontario County (except Bloomfield).
Additional Council Events on the Horizon:
Raccoon Work Day click for flyer
2021 Council Trainings
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) – July 18 – 24, 2021
NYLT (2 Weekend Course) – July 31 – Aug. 2, 2021 & Aug. 8 – 9, 2021
Wood Badge (2 Weekend Course) – Sept. 24 – 26 & Oct. 9- 10, 2021
Summer Camp 2021!
SUMMER CAMP IS HAPPENING!
This is so exciting it’s worth repeating… Scouts will be able to attend summer camp this year! Massawepie Scout Camps, Camp Babcock-Hovey, and Cub Scout Adventure Camp at J. Warren Scout Reservation have already started accepting reservations.
See the updated guidelines from Seneca Waterways Council: click for link
As we continue to get guidance from the New York Department of Health on what testing, monitoring, and procedures will be required for our staff and campers we will communicate it out to Scouts and Scout Leaders.
Register Now for Camp! With the eagerness many will have to get to camp after the long-year away, our camps will fill up quickly!
If there are any recruitment based questions on how to go forward with one, please contact District Executive Gareth Evans at email@example.com. With any of these idea please keep the S.A.F.E. Return to Scouting checklist in mind located above. Here are some things to always keep in mind when recruiting…
Great ways to promote your unit and increase membership
- Power of 3! (each scout recruiting 3 new scouts into the program)*
- Personal Invitations (personally contacting and inviting families to join your unit)*
- Being in constant contact with the school district, and asking if flyers can be sent home with students
- Checking “Be a Scout Leads” after accepting online applications
- Recruiting using social media (community FB pages)
- Creating Flyers to promote the units recruitment events (DE Will Gales can assist with creating flyers)
- Appearance and recruitment at Community Festivals
- Recruiter Patch Promo
- Bring a Buddy Cards
- Uniform Days @ School
- Open House Tables
- Middle School Promos
Questions? Ask your District Executive, Unit Commissioner, and District Commissioner, we are here to help!